DX-27 high efficiency hard chrome plating intermediate
DX-27 high-efficiency micro-cracked hard chrome intermediate is one kind of solid powder intermediate, which can significantly improve the current efficiency, reduce the corrosion of anode plate caused by the plating solution. It makes the surface of finished product is more smooth and brighter, increase the hardness of the coating layer, and produce more micro cracks, with higher corrosion resistance. When it’s used in decorative chromium plating, it can accelerate the deposition and dispersion ability of plating solution, and is often used as the main component of the solid chromium plating additive. It can be directly used in solid form.
Features of DX-27 super high speed technology
- More efficient cathode current (up to 25%-27%), fast deposition rate, twice the traditional technology. Under the following conditions, the cathode current density is 70A / dm2, the temperature is 55-65 ° C, and the current efficiency is as high as 70 um / h.
- The chromium layer has high hardness and meets the standard of GB9790-88, which is 860-1200 HV. Durability is increased by 20%-30%.
- The chrome layer has many micro-cracks, which are 200-1000/cm2, which is more resistant to corrosion than traditional processes.
- The chrome layer is more strongly combined with the base, and the pretreatment operation is simpler.
- The chromium solution has better dispersibility, a more uniform layer thickness and a smoother surface with almost no knurling.
- The chromium solution is free of fluoride, so it can prevent corrosion of the workpiece caused by low current during electroplating.
- The anode solution has good electrical conductivity and is less corrosive to the anode.
- Reducing labor costs and fuel consumption by a factor of two, clearly shortening metal processing time.
Due to its simple process operation and high impurity tolerance of the solution, it is especially suitable for electroplating general mechanical parts as well as ordinary molds.
New solution is formulated as following: CrO3 250g/L, DX-27 5g/L，
Then add some H2SO4 to make CrO3:H2SO4 rate is between 1-1.1:100.
- Add 2/3 volume of deionized water in clean plating bath, which can not contain any chloride or sulfate ion, and heat it to 45-50℃.
- Stir the liquid continuously and add the CrO3 at the same time.
- Stir continuously and add DX-27EK and H2SO4
- Stir the solution evenly, add deionized water to full volume. Test the solution density, adjust the element if necessary.
- Heat the solution to 55-65℃, add proper amount of anti-fog chemicals approved by our company.
- Test the plating effect after electrolysis lasts for 0.5-1 hours.
② current efficiency Comparing ③Deposition speed comparing