- During chromate plating, as the corrosion of chromic acid to the anode and other metals are melted into the plating liquids, such as copper ions, iron ions etc., the impurities contaminates the plating solution, which would cause higher resistance, and lowers the quality of plating surface, at the same time it shortens life of plating solutions, which is only 2-3 years. The traditonal technology would result in lots of waste and severe pollution to enviroment. But through FC-E electrolysis caramic filter purification tech, it can longer life of plating solutions, lower the trivalent chromium and other metal impurities, therefore it largely reduces the enviroment pollution.
- Applications and Features
During chromate plating, as working part is not cleaned completely, anti-electrostatic activation and anode erosion, all of these factors would cause plating solution polluted. On the other side, for working part of big size, as the area proportion between anode and anthode can’t be exactly 3:1, which causes the increase of trivalent chromium. (The maxium amount of trivalent chromium in plating solution is 7g/L). By using our filtering technology, it could largely reduce the metal impurities, such as copper, zink, iron ions etc., and absorb some of trivalent chromium. Then it effectivly help clean the plating solution and recycle using the bath.
- FC-E Electrolysis Ceramic Filter Technology Principle
As the excellent physical and chemical preformance, the ceramic filter won’t be eroded in bath. Through the effect of electrolysis, it could absorb trivolent chromium during production, then lower its proportion. At same time, it could absorb the anode ions into ceramic filter inside (athode area) through its capillary pore. Through this way, it sucessfully remove the metal ions from plating solution, when the solution inside the filter becomes more and more thick, it means teh impurities are collected inside the filter, and the trivalent chromium is oxidated into hexavalent chromium by eletrolysis anode. Therefore it apparently purify the plating solutions.
- FC-E Electrolysis Ceramic Filter Technology Operations
- First put ceramic filter into clear water and soaked for more than 30 mins (one day is perfect).
- Put 3-5% of sulfuric acid or 5% of chromic acid solution (new solution), the level height of solution inside filter can’t exceed the level of chrome solutions.
- Use athode electrolysis with lead-tin board or lead board. The proportion between anode and anthode earea is 2:1 or 3:1.
- 4) At the begining of electrolysis, use stronger current (10V) for 30 mins, then use lower current (around 3-5V) to continue the electrolysis.
5) It’s better to use sulfuric acid inside the filter to conduct current. But watch out there shouldn’t be no cracks to prevent sulfuric acid entering into plating bath. If using chromic acid solution,the performence of current conduction is not as better as sulfuric acid, but it’s
ok if it flows into plating bath.
6) After every electrolysis, the acid solution must be immediately poured into chrome waste bath or be handlled seperately, complety clean the filter inner body for future use.